Lilypie

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yesterday's appointment

2:30pm/Dr. Egner - Well, it was an ok appointment. The ultrasound went well. Chase is still way down low and was sleeping! LOL The tech tried to get him to move more but he was too busy sleeping......and it's funny, because right before the ultrasound he was thumping and kicking in the waiting room LOL After the ultrasound the doctor came in to see us. (We had to see a different OB) My pressure was up a little, but not too awful. She mentioned about doing a GBS test, but I told her Dr. Elder, our regular OB, already said since I was GBS positive with Ty he would just treat me as positive this time. He told us that last week, and I didn't have any problem with that. Well, the OB checked my chart and saw where Dr. Elder wrote that down so she seemed ok with that. She then said she was a little concerned with the level of amniotic fluid I have......I think she said it was 7.9 and anything below 5 is cause for concern and since I have chronic high blood pressure she was slightly concerned and wanted me to come back again this week for a NST, even though we already have an appointment scheduled for next Tuesday. The only thing that is bugging me about that is my regular OB knows about the fluid levels and never said he was concerned about it, so I wasn't worried about it either. And in all honesty, I trust him completely!! I know for a fact that if he was worried he would have said something to me about it. I really like the OB we saw yesterday, but part of me feels she may be a little too aggressive with things. She also asked me to do another 24 hour urine test, and I had some blood drawn. She did say I could increase my water intake and that may help with the fluid levels, so i'll work on that more starting today.

So, all in all it was an ok appointment. I'm a little disappointed we have to go back again this week, mainly because Z has to take us and that means he'll miss more time from work. After tomorrow's appointment we go back again next Tuesday.

No comments: