Lilypie

Friday, May 22, 2009

An *interesting* appointment yesterday

**BE WARNED!! THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG POST!!

2:30pm/NP - So yesterday we had a follow-up appointment with a NST since my pressure was slightly up on Tuesday. I also had to turn in a 24 hour urine test. Well, Wednesday evening I checked my pressure at home and it was way too high....200/110. So I layed on my left side for 15 minutes and rechecked it and it did come down some, but not enough. The doctor had told us a few weeks ago we would probably end up increasing one of the pressure meds I was on, so I decided to just go ahead and start Wednesday night. Well, after I left a pee sample they checked my pressure and it was still up a little. While I was sitting there when the nurse checked my pressure the nurse practitioner walked pasted and asked how everything was. The nurse said my pressure was up a little, and I told her about the readings I had the night before and that I increased one of the pills. They then checked my weight and I was down one pound from Tuesday?!? Anyhoo, they hooked me up to do the NST and while that was going the doctor came in and asked me about headaches or vision issues. Well, I had been having some headaches on and off for the past few weeks, but it really felt more like sinus pressure/issues than anything, especially since my nose was also a little stuffy. I also told her my vision gets blurry if I spend some time on the computer, but after i'm off of the computer for 10-15 minutes it clears right up. Well, she said she wanted to call our regular OB to talk with him while we sat there a little longer. After a few minutes she came back in and said they wanted me to go to labor and delivery and have Chase monitored while they put a rush on my 24 hour urine test and some blood work I had to give before I left. She said the NST showed Chase was just fine and the pee sample I left when we got there had no protein in it, but because of my vision and headaches I need to be monitored. Ummm, but the vision and headache had nothing to do with my pressure! So, they drew blood and we had to wait a few minuted while the NP called the hospital to get them ready for us. One good thing about the visit, I got a free travel bag with a formula sample, a binkie and some awesome coupons in it!! We get over to L&D and get papers signed and get hooked up to the monitor for another NST and had an automatic blood pressure cuff hooked up. Eventually the OB on call came in and talked to us and asked me about the headaches and vision issues. I told her what I told the NP, that I felt they didn't have anything to do with my pressure. We talked a few minutes and she checked my feet and my reflexes and they seemed fine. She said the pressure readings they were getting were really good, but because of the headaches and vision issues I mentioned, I would need to be put on bed rest until Chase is born.....AND, he could possibly be born next week!!!! She said the blood work came back just fine but they were waiting on the 24 hour urine results to come back, but she had to do a c-section and once she was done with that she would come back and check my cervix and let us know how the urine test came out. Almost 4 hours later a nurse finally came in and said we could go home.......ummm, WTH?!?!? She said the urine came back with slight protein in it, which is actually normal at this stage of pregnancy and wasn't a cause for concern. Hmmm, then maybe I was right about the headaches and vision issues not being a pressure issue?!?!? *sigh* So, i'm still on bed rest until Chase comes along, but it's sort of modified. I can get up to use the bathroom and can cook meals, but no shopping or overdoing things with cleaning. I don't mind not being able to shop, since after i've walked around for a little while I start to hurt and get tons of pressure.....but the cleaning thing is going to be rough, since we have company coming next week and this house still needs tons of cleaning done!!! :(

To be totally honest, I really think they jumped the gun with the pressure issue and I don't think he;ll be here next week. (although i'm packing my hospital bag to be safe! LOL) They said the extra pill I took should have lowered my pressure but it had been less than 24 hours since I started it! And I knew since I had no protein in my urine the headaches and blurry vision were just from sinus and computer use. I've checked my pressures several times today and one reading was a little high, but the rest were perfect! I'll stick with the bed rest, of course and I know they are just making sure Chase and I are safe, but hearing them say he may come next week because of my pressure scred the crap out of me!!!LOL I really am lucky to have such great doctors taking care of us, though.....

We have to go back to L&D for a NST tomorrow morning, then we have our regular OB appointment next Tuesday........and then our company comes in on Wednesday! AHHH!!!!

No comments: