Lilypie

Friday, May 29, 2009

Today's appointment

8:00am - Well, we had to have a follow-up ultrasound today to double check the fluid around Chase. (which i'm still not sure why since the fluid has been steady going up) It was only supposed to be Tyler and I at the appointment since Z was worried he would be super busy at work and didn't want to miss too many hours, so my mother in law drove us. Well, while Ty and I were waiting for the office to open the elevator opened up and there was Zane! We were so surprised!! His work is only 10 minutes away, and he really wanted to be there. Anyhoo, the ultrasound tech called us back and asked if I needed to empty my bladder before the ultrasound and I did.......the ultrasound went great! My fluid is now up to 10 and Chase's heartbeat was 151 bpm. He was sleeping, which I kind of figured he would be since he was moving so much all day yesterday and last night, but they needed him to move so they could check his movement.......well, she got him moving and he was practicing his breathing perfectly! She left the room and said the nurse would be in when she was finished with another patient. Well, the tech came back in and said I did need to leave a urine sample and have my weight and pressure checked! She kept apologizing, but it really wasn't that big of a deal. I left my urine sample and had my pressure checked and it was up a little. The nurse had me lay on my left side for a few minutes and came back to check it and it was better, so we went and got my weight.....I lost another 3 lbs since Tuesday!!! So since last Thursday, i'm down 11 lbs. She called the doctor (who was downstairs teaching a class today.....on Friday's the OB/GYN office is only open half a day for just general visits) and the doctor said she was going to come up and talk with us. Well, a few minutes later the doctor called back and said we could go since she felt she wouldn't be able to come up to see us for awhile, but I still needed to continue my bed rest and keep drinking water and keep my appointment for next Monday with our regular OB. The doctor did say the weight loss was totally normal since my pressures are coming back down and i'm not as swollen as I was. (which in all honesty, I wasn't all that swollen to begin with!!) So we're not worrying about it.

Our next appointment is Monday morning, and we are SO excited about it!! Possibly even more excited than we were at the anatomy ultrasound.....we find out when Chase will be coming!!!!! Photobucket

No comments: