Lilypie

Monday, February 2, 2009

20 weeks

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY

This week, your baby weighs ten ounces and is 16cm crown to rump, or a total length of about 9 3/4 inches. A white, waxy-looking substance called vernix now protects your baby's skin. If you are carrying a girl, she has six million eggs in her ovaries - six times the number she will have at birth. Her uterus is formed and she's beginning to develop a vagina.


Wow, I can't believe I am half way through this pregnancy!!!! It's actually scary to think the time is going by so quickly. I am savoring every minute of it, that's for sure!!

Symptoms are still the same. My big thing is still the bloating, but also the stuffy nose with a little bit of a nosebleed daily. Chase is still a mellow little guy. I do wish he was a little more active so I knew everything was ok. I do get some good flutters from time to time, but they are still only flutters. I'm sure it won't be long and i'll feel the strong kicks and rolls. As far as energy it's still hit or miss. Most days I have hardly any energy at all! :( I did manage to get the playroom cleaned up last Friday, but that took me hours since I had to stop and rest so frequently. Saturday we did our shopping and by the time we got home I was completely wiped out! Yesterday was a busy day, as we got wood and pallets cut up. Zane was so sweet....he actually cleaned the kitchen floor and the shower floor for me! I was going to work on it but he said I didn't need to be doing things like that right now. The floors desperately needed it, but with my lack of energy they stayed dirty. :( I'm so grateful for him doing that yesterday.

Tomorrow we see the regular OB for a blood pressure follow up. (we actually had an appointment for the 5th but we had to change it to tomorrow.....plus, we get to meet a different OB)

No comments: