Lilypie

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Today's appointment

8:45am/Dr. Egner - First off, I have to say that I LOVE early appointments!! We were seen super quick, and I was no where near as bloated as I get throughout the day so my weight was good! LOL While we were walking to the elevator, Tyler asked me if we were going to the office where his nurse is and I said yes...he was so happy!! He likes all of the nurses, but there is one who is his favorite, and she just LOVES Ty! Anyhoo, we got checked in and were waiting to be called back when the door opened and there was Ty's nurse, Ms. Sarah. She had a chocolate milk in her hand and asked Tyler is he liked chocolate milk and he said "Oh yes!" She gave him the milk and he said "thank you, Ms. Sarah! Do you have a straw?" LOL She took us all back and while I did my regular pee check, she took Ty to get a straw for his milk. After she checked my weight we went into the room so she could check my pressure and so we could hear Nibbles heartbeat. My pressure was GREAT!!! 140/80! And she found Nibbles heartbeat right away, and that was also great....145-155 bpm. I just love that sound. :) Well, she left and we were waiting for the OB to come in and Z told me that Ms. Sarah stopped in the cafeteria on her way up to the office this morning (their office is attached to UT Hospital) and bought Ty a chocolate milk because she knew we were coming in today......how sweet is that?!?!? We had to see a different OB, Dr. Egner, and she was SO awesome!!! We both really liked her! She was impressed with my weightgain, which is slow, and she was really impressed with my pressure reading. We talked some and she asked if we had any questions, and I did say I was a little worried that the baby is so mellow and she said as long as I feel some fluttering here and there at 20 weeks that everything was just fine, and that the flutters should be turning into real good kicks within the next few weeks. I told her because of my lack of symptoms it made me worry a little when I don't feel him and she said his heartbeat was perfect and the little movements I feel now are just right. She did push on my stomach to feel my uterus and she said the felt perfect and right where it should be, which also helped put my mind at ease. All in all it was a great appointment! When we were checking out, Ty had a blast talking with the ladies in the office and they all just get the biggest kick out of him!! The lady that checks us out said she just loves to hear him talk and loves his voice! We are so blessed to have such a great group of doctors and nurses to take care of us......I just love it!!!

We go back to the high risk office on the 19th where they will do another ultrasound to get the measurments of Nibbles heart, then we go back to the regular OB on the 26th.

No comments: