Lilypie

Monday, February 23, 2009

23 weeks

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY

Your baby is now 11 inches from head to toe or about 20cm crown to rump and hovering around the one pound (500g) mark. Your baby's lungs have begun to develop surfactant, a substance that will help his or her lungs to expand after birth. The fingernails are now completely formed.


Wow, I can't believe as of next Sunday I will be 6 months along!!! Photobucket This pregnancy is just flying by! I am totally cherishing every single moment of it, that's for sure! Photobucket

Well, as far as symptoms, nothing new to report. I still have:

- super stuffy nose. I've also notice i've been getting (TMI ALERT!!) nose bleeds alot more, but I think having the wood stove going has caused my nose to dry up some and causing it to bleed, along with being pregnant.
- lower back pain, mainly after walking for an extended amount of time.

Other than that, I feel really great! Chase is really doing lots of thumping more and more, but still no real kicks yet except for the one I felt last week. I love the thumps, though. I've noticed he's responding to music when i'm sitting at the computer and have the music player on. Plus, he responds to Tyler and Zane's voice, which is SO super cute!!! Saturday morning we were in the truck on our way to do some shopping and I had mentioned to Zane that I hadn't felt Chase move too much yet that morning. Zane said "Chase....can you move for daddy this morning?" After a few seconds he said again "Move for daddy, Chase...." and sure enough, I got a good thump right at my belly button!! I told Zane and he said "That's my boy!" and he thumped again! Then, later that afternoon after being on the go for over 6 hours, I was sitting and relaxing and Ty came up and kissed my belly and said "Love you, Chase!" then he kissed it again and started to walk away and I felt several good thumps in a row!! I told Tyler and the smile on his face was just huge!! I have to say, I just LOVE being pregnant. I love every single minute of it!



This Thursday we go back to the regular OB for a regular check-up.



No comments: