Lilypie

Monday, January 5, 2009

16 weeks

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY

Weighing in at all of three ounces, your little one is now 12cm crown to rump, or 5 1/2 inches head to toe. Baby's head is now held high, and limb movements are co-ordinated. The eyes have come closer together so that they face forward, and the baby begins to blink. On an ultrasound, you could catch sight of the sucking reflex as your baby sucks his or her thumb.

4 months!


Symptoms are still about the same. (I feel like a broken record! LOL) I'm super gaggy/puky in the mornings still, which can make taking meds a little difficult. One difference i'm noticing the past few days is the exhaustion is back with a vengeance!! It took me over 3 hours to put laundry away yesterday! :( I can only do things a little at a time before I have to sit down or I feel like i'm going to fall over. I don't even think I was this worn out during the first trimester! I know Nibbles is going through some major growth spurts the next few weeks, so that explains the exhaustion.......keep growing Nibbles!!! I'm hungry most of the time, so i've had to really be careful with what I eat so I don't gain a ton of weight and I don't mess with my sugar readings.

This Thursday we see Dr. Elders to have blood drawn as a follow up from the NT test a few weeks ago. I'm hoping we may get to hear Nibbles heartbeat again. :)

No comments: