Lilypie

Friday, April 24, 2009

Today's appointment

8:00am/Dr. Elder - We had a really great appointment today!! Pressure was up slightly, but the doctor didn't seem too concerned. I remembered to bring my 24 hour urine test in, and i'm so glad I am done with it! My weight was actually down by 3 lbs since Monday, but the nurse felt it was because I was wearing lighter clothes today......it was so flippin' warm!!! I'm not complaining about the weight drop, though! LOL They hooked me up for the NST and she found Chase's heartbeat pretty quick, but he was NOT happy about it! Once she got the strap hooked up, you could hear his heartbeat from the machine a little, but you heard more kicks and thumps than anything!! She left for a few minutes, and everyone who passed by the room we were in would poke their head in and say "Wow, listen to that little one move!!" The nurse came back to check things and she put her hand on the do-hickey that is strapped to your tummy and she said "Oh! I just felt him kick!! I must have really pissed him off!" She is so sweet.....in fact, everyone there is!!! The doctor came in and even he commented on how active the baby was! He was impressed with everything, which was good. They did have to take more blood again today, though. I did get to ask about registering for the hospital and they said I should have gotten a form in the goody bag they gave me when I first found out I was pregnant......ummm, I never got a goody bag! :( So we got it today!! It had some really cool stuff in it, too! A sample of some Tums Smoothies and some lotion for stretch marks, some breast shields (which Ty keeps asking me if they are for my hoohaa...LOL!) and a few magazines and pamphlets plus a huge book about pregnancy and newborns. There is also a huge spiral book all about the hospital, which has the registration paper we need in it. So we'll be getting that filled out and brought back pretty soon.

We have our next appointment on Monday at 3:00pm at the Northshore office, which we like SO much better than where we normally go, at the UT hospital! It's free to park at Northshore, and no elevator or long walks!! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeh for a great appointment

Please stop by and check out my mommy board
http://www.chatterscene.com