Lilypie

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yesterdays appointment

2:00pm/Dr. Hennessy;high risk office - We had such a great appointment! We had the NT screening done. The ultrasound tech had a little difficulty getting the measurements she needed, since Nibbles was not only sleeping but laying face done!! The tech did get a good measurement of the base of Nibbles neck, but had a little bit of trouble checking the space behind the heart which she assured us was normal. After a few minutes she got a good look at the space behind the heart, and we got to hear Nibbles heartbeat again!!! It as such an amazing sound! The last measurement she had to get was the bridge of Nibbles nose.....THAT proved to be very difficult!! We tried our best to get Nibbles to turn over for us, and they would flip over a little, but not enough to see the nose. After 4-5 minutes of trying the tech said she would give the info she had to the doctor and see if he could come in and get the nose measurement. Well, 5 minutes later the doctor came in and he was looking through the info the tech gave him. He asked how I was feeling, and he said "Well, from what I can see everything looks great to me so i'm not going to worry about getting the other measurement..." We chatted for a minute or so and he then said "You're doing great, sweetie!!" and that made me feel so good! Dr. Hennessy is a high risk OB doctor that specializes in high blood pressure, so to have him tell me I was doing good really set my mind at ease. I did ask him if I could get some insulin and he said he would have the diabetic doctor bring me some if they had any extra. A few minutes later, the diabetic doctor came in and asked how my sugars were and what kind of insulin I needed. (I take Novolg, a fast acting insulin and Novolin, a long acting insulin) Well, she told us before she could get us lots of the fast acting insulin but they hardly ever had any long acting, which I go through a bottle a week....which costs us $24 weekly. :( Well, i told her I needed both but I knew she didn't have any of the long acting......she said she would switch me to another long acting insulin that she could get LOTS of for us! She left for a minute or so and when she came back she had her arms full of insulin!!! She gave us 9 bottles of fast acting (which is $21 a bottle) and 8-9 long acting insulin pens!!!!! We are SO lucky to have such amazing doctors working with us. I just love that office!!! After they drew blood, we went to check out and the diabetic doctor came out and said anytime we needed more insulin to call and let them know, and she said she would make sure she stayed stocked up with the long acting insulin for us! :) They did want us to come back in 8 weeks for the big ultrasound, but we told them we already had an appointment with the regular OB for that and they said that was fine. So, we see the regular OB on January 8th, then the big ultrasound is the 22nd!! WOOHOO!!!!

Here is a pic of Little Nibbles......

2 comments:

CurlyMonkeyMomma said...

Your doc sounds awesome! So many other docs could learn from her, since there are people that can't afford these high priced prescriptions and such...and a lot of diabetic necesities aren't covered, even if you do have good insurance! Those test strips are outrageous!! How do they expect people to live and buy all this? Ok, I'm off my soapbox...
I am so happy to see an untraound of her (or him)!! Growing so fast, lil stinker.
What names do you have picked out?

Christine said...

Oh I totally agree with you!!! One of the blood pressure meds I take is $74 a month!! Crazy, I tell ya....

For names, we have lots of boy names we like. Ian or Chase, with possibly the middle name Robert. (after my dad) A girl name is proving harder. We thought we would use the name Lily or Emily and possibly the middle name Grace, but we now want to use my mom's name some how. I have NO idea how to use it, though!!! LOL Who names their kids Nadene or Lucille these days?!?!? LOL