Lilypie

Monday, December 15, 2008

13 weeks

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY

Measuring in at seven centimetres crown to rump or nine centimetres in total length, your baby-to-be will have doubled in weight from last week to between one and one-and-one-half ounces. Your baby will spend the rest of the pregnancy concentrating on growing and becoming strong enough to live outside the uterus. His or her intestines have now moved from outside the body to inside the abdomen. Vocal cords are developing. Your foetus has also developed many reflexes and will squirm around if your abdomen is prodded.


The weeks seem to be going by so darn fast!!! I don't want to rush any of it, since this will be my last pregnancy.....i'm enjoying all of it, even the puky feeling and heartburn!! LOL

Ok, so heartburn has hit pretty hard the past few days. I've been eating Rolaid soft chews and they don't seem to be working very well. When I was pregnant with Ty I remember I chewed Tums smooth dissolve, so i'm assuming i'll have to switch to them this time as well. I do know I can't chew anything that is gritty, like regular Tums. For sugar lows, i'm supposed to treat them with glucose tablets.....well, apparently no one told Nibbles that, because I can barely eat one before I am gagging! Something with the gritty texture doesn't agree with Nibbles. It was the same way when I was pregnant before! The heartburn has been pretty rough, though. Last night I woke up and felt like I was choking, so I chewed two rolaid soft chews and it helped a little.
I'm still feeling barfy/puky if I don't eat often enough. If I wait more than 2.5 hours it hits me pretty hard. I try to keep some snacky stuff close, like crackers or even some gum. I've been feeling so tired and completely exhausted, but I think it's mainly from being sick last week. And I was informed yesterday that my boobs are growing. My back already knew that, thanks!! ROFL!!

All in all I feel really good!! I'm looking forward to having the NT test done Wednesday, mainly because we get to see Nibbles again. I know the test will turn out just fine, so we're all just excited to see how big Nibbles is now! :) I'll update on how things go on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm, I wonder if the fluffy haired boy I dreamt of is in your future. That hair is already giving you trouble. LOL! Ick, I hated the nausea and gagging. Didn't care for the boobs growing either, I have plenty thank you very much. LOL! Although all my babies liked grit. I had the urge--I quelled it, but it was hard--to chew on chalk and emory boards--I gave in to emory boards though. Bad, I know. But man it satisfied.

Christine said...

Ok, that is too funny about the emory boards!! LOL Ugh, the nausea and gagging are rough...I would much rather barf and just get it over with!!! (and I HATE throwing up!!) We'll find out in a little over a month if your dream was right. ;)