Lilypie

Monday, June 1, 2009

Today's appointment

8:00am/Dr. Elder - What an amazing appointment!!! The ultrasound went great......Chase is super low and engaged! The tech said he is definitely low and ready and that I have dropped majorly since Friday. His heart rate was good, 138bpm, and he was sleeping but still practicing his breathing! After the ultrasound we went into the room and the nurse checked my pressure. It was slightly up a little, but she wasn't concerned. The doctor came in and said he was impressed with how Chase looked and how low he is and said he was impressed with the pressure numbers i've been getting throughout the day. (I gave him a paper with my readings on it) He then checked my cervix and said I am 2cm dilated already and SUPER soft!!! I'm so impressed that my body is doing this on it's own!!! He said I could go back in a week and see how I do, but then said he wanted to see me again on Thursday and check my cervix again.....if i'm dilated more, they will admit me and Chase will be born on Friday!!!! If not they will definitely get things rolling next Tuesday. I told him I was feeling extra crampy this morning, but not contraction crampy and he said since this is my second baby the cramps could very well be contractions and to just be on "labor alert". When we left I was even more crampy from him checking me, so who knows what's going on down there....LOL!!! I did tell him i'd probably end up walking around 2cm dilated for awhile and he said he highly doubts it with as soft as my cervix felt and as low as Chase is......I guess now we just wait and see!!!

You know, I was never really worried about being induced, as I went through that with Tyler....but having my body start things rolling on it's own, even if I do end up still being induced, is SO awesome!!!!

No comments: