Lilypie

Thursday, November 13, 2008

8 weeks

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY

Your baby's head is quite big, due to the rapid growth of the brain. The upper limbs resemble paddles. In the next few days foot plates, with the beginnings of toe rays, will appear. The external ears are present. Your baby is now 13 to 16mm long - about the size of a cherry. This is a big week, as gonads differentiate, becoming either testes or ovaries. Also, your little one begins to move spontaneously this week, though you won't feel it yet.


Ok, I know i'm slacking. I have got to write myself a note to remember to update here!!!

Anyhoo, things still seem to be going good. I still don't really have morning sickness, but then again I didn't have it with Ty either. I do tend to feel puky/queasy different times of the day, which isn't too bad. I'm still a little worried that I don't really have many symptoms, but I try not to worry about it too much. My pressure is finally doing good, and my sugars are getting better as well!!! I did notice a few nights ago that my feet were a little swollen, but I think they swelled from being on them alot that day. Once I sat down in the recliner and propped my feet up, the swelling went down almost immediately. :) At night I feel lots of "movement" in my lower belly, which I know is my uterus stretching and growing. All-in-all, things seem to be progressing well. We go back to the regular OB next Thursday to see Lil' Nibbles!!! I am really hoping we get some good pics so I can share them. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't really have many symptoms with Maryjean. Just some food aversions and cravings in the beginning. Later on I got heartburn (she was born with masses of hair) and carpal tunnel. But no sore bbs, none of that other stuff. And you see she's less than a month away from 9. Although it's hard not to worry when you're pregnant anyway, so I totally understand. Come to think of it, it was kinda like that with Jon-Christopher too. Ooh, I can tell you 2 things that happened in my girl pregnancies that were different than my boy pregnancy--aside from these things, my first 2 pregnancies were practically identical--I also craved "boy" food and had a "boy" heartbeat with Elway and a "girl" heartbeat with Jon-Christopher.

Okay, with the girls, I needed to cut my hair around 5 months. Not that it was long--actually it was with Maryjean--but it was like something inside saying "Must cut hair" it was a necessity. Didn't have that with Jon-Christopher. I was hornier with the girls (LOL!), and I got more sleep with Jon-Christopher--I had terrible insomnia with the girls. :)

Christine said...

You always know what to say to put my mind at ease! *hugs*

I wish I wouldn't have lost my pregnancy journal from Ty.....i'm pretty positive I was just like this when I was preggo with him! I do remember certain food aversions and major food cravings, but I don't remember being so darn hungry all the time like I am now!!! So far the being horny part hasn't hit me....poor Zane! I'd just assume go to sleep then get freaky....LOL

Thanks again for the reassurance! *hugs*

Unknown said...

Hmmm, twin boys? Hungry all the time and lack of horniness? Hmmmm. Horniness--I know it's not a word, but it's cracking me up now. LOL!