Lilypie

Monday, October 27, 2008

6 weeks

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY

Your baby's length will have doubled from four millimetres at the beginning of this week to eight millimetres by the end. The placenta is rapidly developing, however, it will not take over hormone production until about week 12.

The baby's heart is now beating and blood circulation is evident. The kidneys and liver are growing fast, and the neural tube, which connects the brain to the spinal cord, closes.



We were officially 6 weeks yesterday! As far as symptoms, they still seem to be fairly light. I still feel a little run down in the afternoons and bloated throughout the day. Every once in awhile I feel a little cramp or twinge, which is normal. For the most part, I don't even feel pregnant. I'm actually looking forward to when I do feel preggo! LOL

I have an appointment tomorrow with the high risk diabetic OB. Then next week I see Dr. Elders again for another ultrasound! Hopefully we'll actually get to see Little Nibbles and the heartbeat. :)

No comments: