Lilypie

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Getting so close!!!

Only 8 more days until my IUD comes out!!! I can't believe we are so close to starting TTC. Part of me is actually getting a little nervous....isn't that silly?!? We've been wanting another little one for so long, and yet now that the time is close i'm nervous about it!

I see our family doctor first next Thursday, so hopefully i'll get my meds readjusted. This blood pressure pill is kicking my butt! I am now taking 2 pills in the am and 2 in the pm and my pressure is still a little up there. Plus, it makes me SO drowsy!!! I can barely hold my head up and keep my eyes open during the day. At night I don't mind being drowsy since it helps me get a good nights sleep. But during the day I end up taking a small nap, which is so not like me! I do remember taking HCTZ with the Methyldopa when I was pregnant before, so i'm going to ask about taking that to help with the other side effect I have....swollen feet. :( I don't remember dealing with swelling before, and now I know it was because I was taking HCTZ. So, i'll be sure to get that adjusted, as well as the insulin, next Thursday. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dang, I can't believe my comment didn't take. LOL! Do get back on the HCTZ if they let you. That swelling sucks. When I was on that Verapamil/Calan stuff, the swelling was horrible and I so couldn't function well. Plus it makes it stressful which is counterproductive to trying to reduce your BP. LOL!

And the plus of HCTZ is getting rid of some of that evil water weight. :D There's got to be something better they can put you on--because being pregnant you're going to swell and be tired anyways, so it sounds like it would suck extra taking it during pregnancy.