Lilypie

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ugh.....

The last doctor visit we had they gave me a second blood pressure med to take along with the Methyldopa, called Pindolol. Well, for the first week or so it was working great......my pressures were good, and my headaches went away. The downside to it was swelling.....my feet are HUGE and they hurt when I walk!!! My hands are swollen as well, so much so that I can't wear my wedding ring. :( Also, a few nights ago I noticed when I was laying in bed I could feel my heart beating inside my ears and my headaches were coming back. I got up last night and checked my pressure and it was way too high. I checked it again this morning and it was still up! So, we called the doctor's office and told them all that has been going on. They said to stop taking the new med immediately and they would call me in a prescription for a new pill that I should start right away. *sigh* I'm really starting to worry I won't be able to get my pressure under control and we won't be able to try for another little one......hopefully this new medicine will help control it better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

((HUGS)) I didn't check my pressure when I was going through that, but the swelling and stuff sounds like what I went through with the Verapamil/Calan. So uncomfy. Everytime I swoll up, I could feel it happening. My joints would get warm and everything swoll up really bad and it hurt. There's got to be something they can give you. I hate high blood pressure.

AudreyO said...

darn those side effects. Some medications come with such strong side effects :(